Emergency Road Closures and Maintenance
Do you want to receive an email when Road Closures are posted?Subscribe to our Email Alerts.
Do you want to stop receiving our emails? Unsubscribe to our Email Alerts
Emergency Road Closures:
- Anza Road is closed between Bowker Road and Barbara Worth Road due to the emergency closure of Anza Bridge.
- Barbara Worth Road is closed between Carr Road and Anza Road due to the emergency closure of Anza Bridge.
- Cady Road will be closed between Lack Road and Wieman Road until further notice. Closure is due to bridge damage. Use alternate route.
- Lack Road will be closed between Bowles Road and Walker Road from August 24, 2016 until further notice due to structural damage to the New River Bridge. Detour will be from Walker Road to Gentry Road, then to Bowles Road.
- Evan Hewes Highway (S-80) is closed from a point 8 miles west of Dunaway Road to a point 1 mile east of Imperial Highway (S-2) from Friday, April 6, 2018 until further notice due to the closure of the South Fork Coyote Wash Bridge. Detour will be Interstate 8.
- North County Storm Closures The following Roads are temporarily closed as of October 15, 2018 due to storm damage:
Wilkins Rd from English Road to Hobbs Road;
Coachella Canal Rd from Drop 8 to Frink Rd;
Thompson's Crossing from Erskine Rd to Swarthout Rd;
Honey Wagon from Hot Mineral Spa Rd to West End
- English Road is closed between State Route 111 and Noffsinger Road from December 27, 2018 until further notice due to a sinkhole. Use alternate route.
- Bannister Road will be closed between Forrester Road and Kalin Road from February 15, 2019 to February 16, 2019 (2 day road closure) due to a hazardous material spill. Use Alternate route.
Current Secheduled Road Maintenance Projects:
- Hawk Street will be closed between Dogwood Road and Heber Avenue from February 5, 2019 through March 5, 2019 from 7:00 am until 4:00 pm for street improvements. A detour will be posted, and access will be provided for local residents. Emergency contact for this closure is Mr. Shawn Wittenberg of LC Paving & Sealing, Inc. at (760-593-8055)
- Dogwood Road will be closed between Villa Road and Commercial Avenue (El Centro) from February 4, 2019 through February 15, 2019 due to installation of a gas pipeline. This closure is within El Centro City Limits; contact for this project will be Mr. Adam Kallio of Southern California Gas Company at 213-503-3593.
- Huff Road will be closed to through traffic between Worthington Road and Imler Road on February 4, 2019 through February 22, 2019 from 6:00 am until 4:30 pm due to bridge repair. Detour will be Worthington Road eastbound and Forrester Road northbound.
- Imler Road will be closed to through traffic between Huff Road and Forrester Road from February 4, 2019 through February 22, 2019 from 6:00 am until 4:30 pm due to bridge repairs. Detour will be Forrester Road southbound and Worthington Road westound.
- Pan American Street Will be closed from Nina Lee Road to 500 feet west of the intersection with Rood Road from January 31, 2019 until February 25, 2019 due to a sewer connection project. Detour will be posted. Contact for this project is Mr. Jake Richards of Hamann Construction at (619-647-4344.
- Loveland Road will be closed between Cady Road and Carter Road on February 7, 2019 from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm for road maintenance (seal coat). Detour will be alternate routes
- Keystone Road will be closed between Forrester Road and Austin Road on February 13, 2019 from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm for installation of new stop signs. Use alternate route.