Imperial County seeks to make this Web site accessible to all persons. The site is designed according to principals intended to further that goal including guidelines set forth by Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium and Section 508 guidelines. Information about these guidelines may be found here.
Guidelines used by the County of Imperial in the continuing development of this, and other web sites:
- The website was designed following a semantic structure with HTML5.
- Navigation links are predominantly written with HTML text, rather than with graphical text.
- Where graphical text is used, a non-graphical alternative will also available when possible.
- Visual elements, such as photographs, diagrams and graphical text are coded with alternative text providing a description of the visual element.
- Where audio or video content is used, equivalent textual content will also be closed captioned or available upon request
- Text and graphics colors are selected to offer sufficiently high contrast ratios so as to be easily read.
- Documents are encoded to indicate the predominant natural language (generally English) in which they were authored.
- New documents provided on the web site will be delivered in html or another text based format. Historical or legacy documents on the web site that are inaccessible can be made accessible upon request.
Difficulty Accessing Material:
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this site, please contact us in writing and we will work with you to make the information available. You can direct your request to our Webmaster
Links to Other Sites
This Web site contains hyperlinks to websites created and maintained by businesses and organizations other than the Imperial County. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. The Imperial County does not control, nor are we responsible for the content on these sites.