Cannabis Cultivation Licensing &
Industrial Hemp Grower Registration

Cannabis Cultivation Licensing Activity

For information regarding the local commerical cannabis licensing process, please click here to visit the Imperial County Planning Department website.

For state licensing and other related information, please visit the California Department of Food and Agriculture's (CDFA) CalCannabis website by clicking their logo to the left.

Industrial Hemp Program

Can I grow industrial hemp in California?

All commercial growers of industrial hemp must register with the county agricultural commissioner prior to cultivation. Registration is not yet available. The fees and process for registration will be developed by CDFA in conjunction with the Industrial Hemp Advisory Board.

An "established agricultural research institution," as defined in Food and Agricultural Code (FAC) Section 81000, should inquire about growing industrial hemp in Imperial County prior to doing so by calling our office.

How do I register with the state/county to commercially grow industrial hemp?

There is no state registration to grow industrial hemp; only local registration is required. Registration to grow industrial hemp is not yet available.

For additional information and updates regarding the availability of local registration,
please click here to visit CDFA's Industrial Hemp Program website.