The Seal of Imperial County

Manufactured Homes

How do I change the title on my Manufactured Home?

Manufactured Home title must be changed by contacting the State of California, Department of Housing and Community Development. You can reach them at (800) 952-8356. You should initiate the title change process with their agency before coming to the Tax Collector’s office. One of the last items you will need to obtain before preparing your documents to send to them is a “Tax Clearance Certificate.” The Tax Collector must issue this document for you, but it is a dated document that is only good for 60 days from the date it is prepared. In order to obtain a “Tax Clearance Certificate”, all property taxes due on the Manufactured home assessment must be paid in full, and if you are requesting a certificate to be valid after December 31st and before the tax bills are prepared for the next fiscal year (usually in October), an estimated tax amount will be calculated and must be paid in advance to the Tax Collector before a certificate will be issued.

For more information on “Tax Clearance Certificates” and Manufactured Home taxes, contact (442) 265-1257.