The Seal of Imperial County

Excess Proceeds from the Sale of Tax Defaulted Property

Pursuant to Revenue and Taxation Code 4675(a), “any party of interest in the property may file with the county a claim for excess proceeds, in proportion to his or her interest held with others of equal priority in the property at the time of sale, at any time prior to the expiration of one year following the recordation of the Tax Collector’s deed to the purchaser.”

If you believe you are an eligible party of interest in such a case, you have a right to file a claim with our office. Below you will find options to view and print our excess proceeds claim filing instructions, a claim form and a probate affidavit form, if applicable.