What to Expect at Court?
- Court will start session with Roll Call to find out who is present. Simple cases are sometimes resolved at this point.
- After Roll Call, DCSS staff may speak with parties (you) privately to discuss your case.
- If the parties reach an agreement, our staff may prepare a legal Stipulation. Once signed by all parties, the hearing may be dismissed
- If the parties cannot reach an agreement, they will have a hearing and a chance to speak with the commissioner.
- Court can sometimes last all day. Please be prepared to be in court until the end of the day.