Mission, Principles and Values
Maintain the financial integrity of the County of Imperial by providing oversight of county fiscal management. Provide the independent allocation of property taxes to the county, school districts, cities, special districts and redevelopment agencies.
Principles and Values
The Auditor-Controller is dedicated to act in a way that will serve the public interest, honor the public trust and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism. To achieve these goals, we pledge to:
- Perform all duties with integrity and honesty;
- Remain independent, objective and accountable to the public for our actions;
- Be prompt, careful and thorough when rendering our services to the public, other County departments, special districts and other governmental agencies;
- Maintain an effective financial accounting and reporting system that will communicate information to the public in an accurate and timely manner;
- Continuously seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our processes and to assist other county departments to do the same;
- Hire, train, motivate and retain the highest quality work force in a non-discriminatory manner;
- Continuously strive to be deserving of the trust placed in us by the county's residents.