To support the procurement of the material and equipment that are essential to providing governmental services for the citizens of Imperial County. To maintain our fiduciary trust and embrace open communication and information sharing.
The staff of the Department is dedicated to providing efficient and responsive service, while upholding the highest ethical and professional standards.
About the Department
The Purchasing Department is a service department organized to support the Elected Officials, Departments of the County of Imperial, and County Employees. Purchasing involves the acquisition of equipment, furnishings, supplies, maintenance services, construction services and contractual services within pre-established budgetary constraints. Our goal is to serve the County’s best interests by diligent action and fair dealing which will result in receiving the best values per dollar spent, and to do so in the most efficient manner possible.
- Conduct our business to the highest standards of ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Be proactive and listen to the needs of our customers and vendors.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice of procurement policies and processes.
- Centralized responsibility for oversight of purchase requisitions, solicitations, vendor selection, negotiations
- Establish price agreements for goods and services
- Contract Management
- Issuing purchase orders
- Manage the Cal Card Program
- Evaluate sole source requests
- Filing/Maintaining all vehicle titles
- Dispose of surplus vehicles, equipment and salvage materials
- Emergency Logistics support