Imperial County Community Benefit Program
The Community Benefit Program was developed in an effort to maximize the benefits of solar energy development in Imperial County while assisting community improvement projects for its residents.
On January 23, 2018, the Imperial County Board of Supervisors revised the Application and Guidelines for the Imperial County Community Benefit Program (CBP) and lifted the moratorium on the Public Benefit Program. Funding for the next round of applications is expected to occur on February 6, 2018. Based on the new Guidelines, a Letter of Interest will be the initial step of the CBP Grant process.
Potential Applicants should review the Guidelines of the Program at the link below to determine if the requested funding falls within the criteria set forth prior to submission of any Letter of Intent. The deadline to submit a Letter of Interest is Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5:00pm. Additional information regarding the Community Benefit Program is available below and may be obtained by contacting the Imperial County Executive Office at:
- Community Benefit Program Advisory Committee Meeting set for Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- 2018 Community Benefit Program Workshops Q _ A Summary
- Imperial County Community Benefit Program Guidelines
- Letter of Interest Requirements
- Application Process and Timeline Flow Chart
- Resolution Establishing Guidelines for a Public Benefit Program
- 2018 Workshops
- Grant Application 101
APPLICATION DEADLINE is Friday, June 15, 2018. Complete applications are due no later than 4:00 p.m. Only hard copy accepted. Please provide the original and three (3) copies.